Quick Game of Catch-up
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 7:45 PM
Soooooo, while I have mostly done nothing but work....I did have a fabulous Fourth of July that I feel deserves to be mentioned here.
My family (minus my Dad, who had to work) flew down to Provo to attend Stadium of Fire at the BYU football stadium. It is an annual Fourth celebration that involves a different BIG name singer/performer and a huge fireworks display.
My family (minus my Dad, who had to work) flew down to Provo to attend Stadium of Fire at the BYU football stadium. It is an annual Fourth celebration that involves a different BIG name singer/performer and a huge fireworks display.
Since we had an extra ticket AND one of my best buddies, Derek, was stuck at home while his family was in Hawaii...we ended up having him join us. Derek is a lucky one (like me) whose dad is a pilot so getting him from Colorado to Utah was not an issue.
The event was fun but not the best thing I have ever seen. It should have just started later and cut out a lot at the beginning. It felt like the hole first hour was nothing but ads for the companies supporting the event. Although, Jenny Oaks Baker was amazing and I did enjoy the tribute they did for the Boy Scouts (they had the world's LARGEST Eagle Court of Honor ever).
Carrie Underwood was awesome! She is just a phenomenal performer. I loved that I knew most of the songs she sang (poor Derek knew...maybe one...). She was great!
The fireworks were good but just nothing compared to the Disneyworld Epcot ones (they have forever ruined firework shows for me ha-ha!)
All-in-all a great Fourth and I loved being able to spend it with the family (plus Derek).
Our rental car for the weekend
Us at the stadium
THE STADIUM!




Post a Comment