Quiet Desperation
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 6:47 PM
This is not something I usually do. I am always a bit hesitant to get into a deeper, more personal topic on this blog (even if it is set to private).
However, I really feel it is important to share what I have learned this week. If anyone heard me bare my testimony in church today...it will indeed sound very similar to what I said in that.
I have never truly understood the phrase "quiet desperation" until this week. It finally hit me just how much is expected of me this coming year and I felt like I was drowning in responsibility.
I had several darker moments where I just could not possibly see how I would be able to rise to this occasion.
But those dark moments were just that.
Moments.
Almost as soon as I felt completely overwhelmed, I would feel the love and support of the Lord and His Son.
I came to realize that when we rely on Christ and Our Father they surround us with their love.
Surround.
They not only stand beside us, holding our hands, encouraging us...
They follow behind us, pushing us forward, helping us take that next step we never thought we could take...
They go before us, preparing the way for us so that we may accomplish all that they have asked us to do.
I know that they live.
I know that they love us.
I know that they support us.
I know. I know it.
However, I really feel it is important to share what I have learned this week. If anyone heard me bare my testimony in church today...it will indeed sound very similar to what I said in that.
I have never truly understood the phrase "quiet desperation" until this week. It finally hit me just how much is expected of me this coming year and I felt like I was drowning in responsibility.
I had several darker moments where I just could not possibly see how I would be able to rise to this occasion.
But those dark moments were just that.
Moments.
Almost as soon as I felt completely overwhelmed, I would feel the love and support of the Lord and His Son.
I came to realize that when we rely on Christ and Our Father they surround us with their love.
Surround.
They not only stand beside us, holding our hands, encouraging us...
They follow behind us, pushing us forward, helping us take that next step we never thought we could take...
They go before us, preparing the way for us so that we may accomplish all that they have asked us to do.
I know that they live.
I know that they love us.
I know that they support us.
I know. I know it.

Another help for moments of "quiet desperation": Call your mother. :-)Luv u!
Thanks for sharing your testimony.....a good boost for me as I start another overwhelming year of Seminary!!