Turning My Frown Upside-Down (in a more...creative...way)

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Today was another day spent down in the dumps. Things just haven't been going my way this week.

Ah, life is getting the best of me it seems.

But you know what? A tiny, seemingly insignificant moment with my roommate, Amanda, helped pull me out of my funk and put a smile on my face.

Tonight as I was getting ready for bed, my attention was distracted for a moment by the unexpected sound and smell of rain coming from outside my window.

I <3 rain.

I ran to the front door to look out and enjoy it more fully.  Amanda came up behind me.

"Oooooh. I love the rain. Would you come dance in it with me?"

I was actually all set to go to bed but...I decided that could wait.

We both ran out in our pjs and enjoyed singing, dancing and splashing in the puddles created by the wonderfully uneven cement walkways in Regency.

After a few moments, I decided we should make things a bit more interesting. I convinced Amanda to be a REBEL with me and go jump in the pool (after hours, mind you) in our pjs.

...We didn't quite jump (for fear of being heard and getting in trouble)...but slipped in quietly, swam for about a second and then bolted, giggling uncontrollably, all the way up to our apartment.


Really...this was the smallest, shortest of moments but it made all the difference to me. I felt completely refreshed and ready to face the rest of this week.

Do NOT take the small moments for granted. For it is the "small and simple things" that make life worth living.

Comments:

There are 1 comments for Turning My Frown Upside-Down (in a more...creative...way)

Post a Comment