An Awfully Big Adventure

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM

So, to be honest...I really didn't expect to have another BIG adventure (at least during my college years) to blog about after my study abroad to London...I mean...college is only so long, right? You can only experience so much in four years, yeah?

And yet, here I am at Walt Disney World doing the College Program as an intern. (Gotta make the most of my college experience, am I right?! )

Basically, the word "internship" is just a glorified name for some of the lowest (but most fun) jobs possible at Disney World. Disney knows where and how to find cheap (and willing) labor: among the poor college students looking to pump-up their resumes.

And you know what?

It works.

And...

I LOVE IT!

Of course I was super excited to attend this program and so far, so good! I can't wait to find out what adventures lie (lay? Grammar...you suck!) in front of me. It really feels like the possibilities are endless.

Yesterday was the check-in process. I showed up and assumed check-in would take a couple hours at most...

SIX hours later, I am wondering how in the world Disney ever gets anything done. To add to my enjoyment of long lines and multiple, repetitive questions, I was randomly selected for a drug test (good thing I know I am clean (I have NEVER and will NEVER do drugs...ever.) or that might have been a bit awkward...). Unfortunately, due to the fact that drug test results can take up to 72 hours to be processed, my training has been delayed and I likely won't start my job til the end of this week or beginning of next.

Today we had one fairly "quick" housing meeting (quick = 2 hours), which cost me my lunch* and then my roommates and I spent the rest of the day exploring Downtown Disney. It was awesome! We finished out the day by attending a Dine-In Movie. I have decided that may be one of the best inventions ever. You sit and watch a movie while at the same time eating restaurant quality food that is brought to you by a waiter. It was pretty much fantastic.

Currently, I am lounging by my apartment complex's pool, taking advantage of the free WiFi out here.

I gotta say...

I think this Disney thing was a pretty good choice on my part! :)


*Story about the lunch:
My mom and Aubrey dropped me off at the program yesterday but their flight back wasn't until this morning. They picked me up lunch but were unable to give it to me before they had to leave for the airport because the meeting took longer than I anticipated (what else is new?). Luckily, the MORMON missionaries were near my apartment complex so my mom just gave my lunch to them...at least I know it went to good use, right? I saw the missionaries later and they told me it was delicious...I wasn't sure if that was there way of thanking me for sharing or rubbing it in my face that I missed out ;)

Comments:

There are 1 comments for An Awfully Big Adventure

Post a Comment