ADDICTION

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Hello, my name is Ashley...


and I have an addiction...


to fruit.



Last week, when Shawn, Bo and I went to the beach, we also stopped at this little "ma and pa's" type shop on the side of the road. Shawn and I are pretty similar and both love exploring little hole-in-the-wall places because you never know when you might strike gold.


The shop consisted of mostly fresh fruits and home-made marmalade. There were free samples of these things called "tangelos" (I had never heard of them before but apparently they have been around for awhile...my bad!). The sample was pretty good and both Shawn and I believe that you should never leave a ma and pa place without buying at least one thing (even if it is the cheapest thing there) because you really have no idea how much business they are able to get out there in the middle of no where (*cue side rampage regarding my opinion of the great importance of small, local businesses within the economy*). Even though I wasn't totally sold on the tangelos, I went ahead and bought a few and a small jar of marmalade.


Once I got home though and decided to go ahead and have a whole one...I realized I should have bought more!


I am not sure if the sample was just so-so or if the group of tangelos I picked out were above-average but, either way, I have been eating one tangelo a day for the last four days. I would be eating WAY more except, like I said, I only bought maybe half a dozen.

Goodness though, I love them.

Plus, I have been trying way harder to eat better when I am on my own and I think tangelos are helping me meet that goal :)

Anyway, that is my current addiction and in about a day or two I am going to start experiencing withdrawals because I am almost out of them (and I don't have a car to get me back to that shop...drat!)...UH OH!

Comments:

There are 1 comments for ADDICTION

Post a Comment