Friends, Friends Everywhere...and ALL of them are FUN!

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM

The past couple of days have been absolutely fantastic. I really cannot believe how perfect everything has been thus far in my Disney career. Even getting randomly selected for that drug test turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me! If that had not occurred I would have never met Shawn, Casey, Bo, Kayla or Brock (among many, many others). It is kind of funny how stuff like that just seems to work out :)


Friday was a day off for me, so I spent the morning with Bo and Shawn. Shawn has a car (yea for friends with cars!), so we drove over to Coco Beach to enjoy the sunshine before Shawn and Bo had to take off for work. We ate at this really delicious beach-side restaurant called Coconuts on the Beach. If you get a chance to eat there, their Mahi dish and their friend shrimp are awesome!

Saturday was a busy day off for me! I spent the day at Animal Kingdom with Shawn and Casey. The very first thing we did was go see "It's Tough to be a Bug!" That is a 3-D (er...4-D) show featuring characters from Pixar's A Bug's Life. You have to understand that this was actually a BIG deal for me. Last time I was at Animal Kingdom, I was probably about 10 years-old, this show had just opened and my family went to see it first thing when we arrived at the park. Well...I have never been a fan of bugs and this show so absolutely horrified me I left early in tears. I told Shawn and Casey that we needed to conquer my fear of this show (I actually did suffer from reoccurring nightmares after that first experience hah!) and...they decided that was the FIRST thing on our to-do list.


The funny thing was...Casey probably screamed louder and more often than I did (she had failed to mention to us that she had never seen it before).


So, I did conquer my fear but...I am still not a fan of that particular attraction. 'Nough said!


After a bit, Shawn had to leave to run errands, so Casey and I met up with Joe (a friend from the local singles ward) to have lunch at The Yak and Yeti. It was seriously the best meal I have ever had at Disney! It was delicious. I had this steak and shrimp dish that just makes my mouth water any time I think of it. Wonderful. Simply wonderful.


Casey eventually had to leave us to run errands of her own so Joe and I watched the parade and then hit the Safari and called it good. After closing out the park with Joe, I met up with Brock (a friend I met at orientation who is from Australia) to go watch the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom. Brock has never been to Disney World and it was really cute to watch his eyes just light up with amazement as we watched the really impressive show. He dreams of being an animator with Pixar, so he just turns into a little kid when he gets inside any of the parks :)


All-in-all, it was a super fabulous day but now I am really tired and super grateful that I have one more day off. I plan on spending the rest of today laying out in the sun and sleeping.


Not a bad life.









Comments:

There are 2 comments for Friends, Friends Everywhere...and ALL of them are FUN!

Post a Comment