Oh, Those Magical Moments...

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Really, I wish to point out something that I think was so obvious to us as children but we tend to forget it as we grow up...

MAGIC IS ALL AROUND US.

Today, I watched a little girl's eyes light up as I told her the magic password to make the doors to the show open. She was thrilled, yet not at all surprised, that the words actually worked. She trusted me so completely when I told her, "If you say this just right, those doors will open for you!"

Today, I realized that something that only a week ago had seemed like an awful stroke of bad luck had before my very eyes turned into one of the most beautiful blessings I have ever received in my life. Are blessings in disguise not a form of pure, wonderful "magic"?

Today, I felt myself just fill up with joy when I noticed how many people smiled back at me when I smiled at them.

Today, I watched as a young boy who had been lost found comfort in the arms of his big brother who had come dashing back to find him. Tears running down his cheeks, he rushed to his brother and looked like he would never let him go. There was a visible change in this boy's face as he went from feeling fear and loneliness to feeling security and love. It was very touching and really...it was a magical moment.

It is these little things, these tiny moments that can make up the magic in our lives if we allow them to do so!

True, since I am at Disney I am naturally focused on noticing and providing special moments around me, but still...this is something I want to take with me once I leave here. This child-like innocence in the belief that everyone deserves to feel special, that everyone deserves to smile, that everyone should have a moment that makes their whole day that much better! This belief that it is my duty, my privillege, to make someone else's day just a bit more magical.

Comments:

There are 1 comments for Oh, Those Magical Moments...

Post a Comment