A New-Found Love
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Wednesday, December 8, 2010 at 9:42 AM
I discovered something about myself last week.
It was rather interesting actually...
It all started when Tiffany Yack (Karsen's sister-in-law) invited Alexis and I over for dinner and Christmas decorating. When we showed up, we had such a good time just sitting there chatting we never did get around to the actual decorating part. Oops.
But!
What I learned is how much I appreciate a good conversation. Conversations come in many shapes, sizes, forms and levels of intelligence (just watch 30 seconds of Jersey Shore and you will get a new "low" in conversational intelligence).
I am never happier than when I am involved in a fulfilling, worthwhile conversation.
I love getting to know people and I love getting to know how they think. No one thinks the same. Even when you share opinions, neither of you came to have that opinion in quite the same way.
People are fascinating creatures.
It was rather interesting actually...
It all started when Tiffany Yack (Karsen's sister-in-law) invited Alexis and I over for dinner and Christmas decorating. When we showed up, we had such a good time just sitting there chatting we never did get around to the actual decorating part. Oops.
But!
What I learned is how much I appreciate a good conversation. Conversations come in many shapes, sizes, forms and levels of intelligence (just watch 30 seconds of Jersey Shore and you will get a new "low" in conversational intelligence).
I am never happier than when I am involved in a fulfilling, worthwhile conversation.
I love getting to know people and I love getting to know how they think. No one thinks the same. Even when you share opinions, neither of you came to have that opinion in quite the same way.
People are fascinating creatures.

I want to push the "like" button on this, but there isn't one, so...*beep*. (That's the sound my imaginary "like button" makes when I push it.)
And what a mighty fine conversation it was!