All Good Things Come to an End...
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 5:27 PM
...but then again, "Not everything ends. Not love. Not always!" Sorry, Doctor Who quote there. Not even sure I quoted it quite right but that is okay. It is the thought that counts.
We visited our last two museums today. I would say I am so sad that we didn't have time to cram in at least a dozen more...but then I would be lying through my teeth :P Museums are wonderful places...wonderful places which I will be avoiding with great enthusiasm for the next year or so.
Afterwards a small group of us went to see the Leake Street tunnel. The London street artist, Banksy, had done an exhibition here of his artwork and then turned it into a legal, public venue for local street artists. Anyone is allowed to come and paint or etch or collage or whatever on the tunnel walls without the worry of being fined by police. It is a pretty cool idea. I was a bit bummed though because the really good ART had mostly been covered up by just tags, which I can't even really refer to as street art in good conscious. Oh well.
I ended up seeing Matilda a second time tonight. Two girls had bought tickets but one of them was horribly sick at the last second. I was offered the additional ticket in order to accompany Lauren. There was no way any of us were going to let her go to the West End by herself at night! And...I kind of wanted to see it again anyway ;) It worked out quite nicely. I was blown away once again, especially since it was an entirely different cast of children (child labor laws, ya know). Incredible.
And that's a wrap on the BYU European Art History Study Abroad Program spring 2013!
Parental units arrive in t-minus 5 hours...and then the real fun begins!




Post a Comment