Eyjafjallajokull
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 2:17 PM

I am staring intently at the title of this...ok, yep. I did spell that right. I must say it looks like I just randomly hit a bunch of random keys at random (enough randomness for you yet?).
Yes, this dear little volcano has caused quite the headache to those trying to travel over-seas the past couple of weeks. With study abroad drawing closer, I found myself realizing that I might very soon be one of those frustrated and tired and not-very-nice people stuck in the all-too-crowded airport with my dreams of international travel shattered on the cancellation board in front of me.
However, thanks to many prayers from my mother (who I think is more desperate for me to go to London than even I am...) air travel into London through Delta has been reopened. Because I am a ticket-holder and my flight was not cancelled, as long as nothing else unexpected happens (knock on all known wooden objects within my reach), I should be boarding my flight to London at my current scheduled time on the 27th of April. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Random side note:
Wanna know my favorite statement about Eyjafjallajokull?
"Iceland goes bankrupt, and then it manages to set itself on fire. This has insurance scam written all over it."
Yes, this dear little volcano has caused quite the headache to those trying to travel over-seas the past couple of weeks. With study abroad drawing closer, I found myself realizing that I might very soon be one of those frustrated and tired and not-very-nice people stuck in the all-too-crowded airport with my dreams of international travel shattered on the cancellation board in front of me.
However, thanks to many prayers from my mother (who I think is more desperate for me to go to London than even I am...) air travel into London through Delta has been reopened. Because I am a ticket-holder and my flight was not cancelled, as long as nothing else unexpected happens (knock on all known wooden objects within my reach), I should be boarding my flight to London at my current scheduled time on the 27th of April. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Random side note:
Wanna know my favorite statement about Eyjafjallajokull?
"Iceland goes bankrupt, and then it manages to set itself on fire. This has insurance scam written all over it."

im so stoked for you!
You are going to have so much fun! I am very excited for you!
I am curious how all those haphazardly laid out curvy roads in London mess with your OCD!