First Night in the Centre
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM
Well, I think I may know why Robert Pattinson is reported to always be really gross from lack of showering...British showers suck. At least the ones here at the Centre do, haha! There is no pressure. Basically a small stream of water drips down and you just have to work with it. It really isn't that bad but I am a high water pressure girl, for sure.
In the Center (which I will post a tour of sometime today), we have multiple bunk rooms, so it is a giant slumber party for all us :) In my room there are 12 girls. I have a top bunk near the window facing the street. I love it, actually! The street (Palace Court) we are on is not a main street and is pretty narrow but cars pass on it quite frequently. For some reason I have always found the sound of cars very relaxing so I really liked falling asleep to that last night.
I am on kitchen crew for this first week so I am in charge of helping put together and cleaning up meals. Apparently breakfast is kind of a free-for-all so I am interested to see what I end up really doing. Last night dinner was really good! But man...you don't really realize how many dishes people use until you are cleaning up for over 50 people! *Whistle* Dang.
Plans today include getting our church assignments (VERY excited for that!), meeting our resident advisor and discussing how classes will work. So basically, we have a couple short meetings and then the rest of the day to wander again. I am happy to report that my feet (which were absolutely killing me last night) are feeling top shape. A ton more walking is planned for the rest of this trip so I am hoping they toughen up and don't start hurting as quickly as they did yesterday. I am just grateful their recovery time was not that long.
Here's hoping it stays that way.
In the Center (which I will post a tour of sometime today), we have multiple bunk rooms, so it is a giant slumber party for all us :) In my room there are 12 girls. I have a top bunk near the window facing the street. I love it, actually! The street (Palace Court) we are on is not a main street and is pretty narrow but cars pass on it quite frequently. For some reason I have always found the sound of cars very relaxing so I really liked falling asleep to that last night.
I am on kitchen crew for this first week so I am in charge of helping put together and cleaning up meals. Apparently breakfast is kind of a free-for-all so I am interested to see what I end up really doing. Last night dinner was really good! But man...you don't really realize how many dishes people use until you are cleaning up for over 50 people! *Whistle* Dang.
Plans today include getting our church assignments (VERY excited for that!), meeting our resident advisor and discussing how classes will work. So basically, we have a couple short meetings and then the rest of the day to wander again. I am happy to report that my feet (which were absolutely killing me last night) are feeling top shape. A ton more walking is planned for the rest of this trip so I am hoping they toughen up and don't start hurting as quickly as they did yesterday. I am just grateful their recovery time was not that long.
Here's hoping it stays that way.

I must make a correction to this. I was ignorant in saying that British showers suck...not ALL British showers suck. Apparently, just the one I use sucks. :P
I used a different one this morning on a different floor and it was great. I found my new favorite! "I call that shower!" Yes, we all do, Ashley.