A Night Out on London Town

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 2:56 PM

I could not even think about wasting any of my time here in London. I know I am here for such a short time and there is so much to do!
So, after dinner (I ended up on kitchen crew for this first week so I helped prepare and clean up afterwards)...(even though we were all exhausted) myself and two new friends (Ross and Emmalyn*) decided to take a trip out to Big Ben and wander around London for a bit to get a feel for the area.
*Charlie and Tiffany were my travel buddies just so you know

It was pretty exciting let me tell ya. It is so strange seeing places up close that you have only seen photos or postcards of. Big Ben is impressive but I think too many people focus more on it than the absolutely amazing structure next to it: The House of Parliament. That building is so imposing...I love it. It is so intricate and just awe-inspiring. I find it hard to explain. I just really, really like it.

Oh, and West Minister Abbey behind it? Ah, even better! Coolest. Church. Ever. Ross, Emmalyn and I have decided we would like to attend a worship service there just to see what it is like. Hopefully that will actually happen.

After seeing the very "touristy" sites, we just wandered around random alleyways exploring. What I love about London is how all the buildings look different. Every one has a separate feel and doesn't seem too much like its neighbors. It makes for a really interesting walk.
All-in-all it was a very good night.

We got a feel for that area of London and are slowly but surely learning how to navigate through European traffic as pedestrians (which I must admit is probably the scariest thing of my life).

P.S. For more "artsy" photos you will have to see my Facebook :) It takes REALLY long to upload them on here...shame.

Comments:

There are 2 comments for A Night Out on London Town

Post a Comment