Made It!

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 6:16 AM








It has been a long day...two days?...anyway, I am finally here!

London is gorgeous right now! The weather is perfect. Not too hot, with a slight breeze: perfect walking weather.
Arriving at the Heathrow airport was an adventure. Two classmates ended up being on the same flight as me, so we teamed up to tackle the unknown. We also met a really nice guy named Von who was on his way to Amsterdam but that is another story in and of itself (which I am too tired to go into). We made it through customs (which wasn't nearly as bad as I was told it would be) and then figured out how to ride the tube and after getting slightly lost (we passed our street by a LONG shot when we were walking around) we finally made it to the center.
By the way...if you are ever in London and looking for "Palace Court" street/road...don't bother asking anyone. No one knew where it was, not ever a local tour guide. Go figure.

Once we arrived, we received our room assignments (I am on the 4th floor...lot of stairs to drag a suitcase up let me tell ya) and money to buy tube passes and all the nitty-gritty detail stuff.

I joined a small group and we went out and explored London: partly using our London walks book and partly just going down whatever street looked the "cutest." It was very enjoyable and we loved seeing so many different parts of the city. We also had our first legit "fish and chips" today so that was a big step in our cultural experience.

Right now I am running on fumes (if even that). It has been a very long, but very exciting day! I am going to go take a short nap and then I am on dinner crew tonight so I will need to be alert for that (bad things happen in a kitchen where I am not fully functioning...).

In short: London rocks.




Comments:

There are 0 comments for Made It!

Post a Comment