Observations about Austria/Germany
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Monday, May 20, 2013 at 2:43 PM
-the streets and air seem much cleaner inside the larger cities than in Greece or Italy
-German really does sound kind of intense after having listened to so much Italian (to the point of being both terrifying and confusing in certain situations ;)
-the countryside is so stunning, I really struggle to imagine that anywhere could be more beautiful! But then we started driving through the French countryside...they are just all beautiful for different things. I currently associate Greece with a dry, rugged and rocky terrain, Italy with lovely mixes of light browns and olive greens, Germany with the forrest-covered hills and France with fields upon fields of yellow flowers. Of course...I have only seen parts of each country but they were all jaw-dropping.
-Meat and beer are king!
-Pretzels are queen!
-Potatoes are...prince...princess?
-Bathrooms tended to be better overall but that may just have been my luck improving in selecting good pit-stop locations
-metro is amazingly more clean! I didn't feel the desire to take a shower every time I stop off like in Italy :P
-They were my favorite countries this far!
-German really does sound kind of intense after having listened to so much Italian (to the point of being both terrifying and confusing in certain situations ;)
-the countryside is so stunning, I really struggle to imagine that anywhere could be more beautiful! But then we started driving through the French countryside...they are just all beautiful for different things. I currently associate Greece with a dry, rugged and rocky terrain, Italy with lovely mixes of light browns and olive greens, Germany with the forrest-covered hills and France with fields upon fields of yellow flowers. Of course...I have only seen parts of each country but they were all jaw-dropping.
-Meat and beer are king!
-Pretzels are queen!
-Potatoes are...prince...princess?
-Bathrooms tended to be better overall but that may just have been my luck improving in selecting good pit-stop locations
-metro is amazingly more clean! I didn't feel the desire to take a shower every time I stop off like in Italy :P
-They were my favorite countries this far!

Post a Comment