Train Lag Exists
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
And I am back in good ol' London town! It is so awesome to be back. I really did enjoy myself the last time I was here. But I got to admit, I am way for the program to be over. It is just going to be SO much fun to show my parents around and not have to take notes or write journal entries ;) That will be nice!
We got up pretty dang early this morning for our ride on the Chunnel from Paris to London. It was pretty much the most stressful traveling we have done yet as a group. At some point James realized that we needed to have left a bit earlier than he originally told us in order to be on time...but it was already too late to adjust...so people are coming down to the lobby thinking they have an extra 10 minutes to chill and get breakfast but instead are being booted out the door to go catch the very next tram. Getting James' family with their scroller and extra baggage through the metro gates and security and customs was more than a bit exciting. I was legitimately exhausted from running and carrying little bodies and/or the front end of the stroller along with my own luggage down the stairs. I passed out about two minutes into the train ride. I was a bit bummed that I missed us entering the tunnel to go below the water but oh well. I woke up a few times and the outside of the windows just looked like the inside of all the metros we have ridden, black and boring. It would have been sweet if the tunnel was made of glass so you could see all the water above you! So...in reality, I didn't miss much.
Once we got to London and checked into our hotel (which is a sweet little grouping of two houses that had been converted into a multi-level hotel), Alison and I set out to exchange our euros and then go find fish and chips. We found a cute and moderately priced pub near Trafalgar Square. I liked this fish and chips a lot better than the first one I tried last time I was in London. I actually want to eventually go back to that pub because we noticed that there were quite a few good looking items on that menu for a decent price. Glad we stumbled upon that!
We later met up with James who led the group on a mandatory walking tour in order to prevent us from going back to the hotel to nap. Basically...train lag and jet lag are real things!
Once the group was dismissed, Nate and I went to look at buying tickets to a couple different West End shows...however, during our excursion we realized just how exhausted we were and decided to come back to our place to watch some Doctor Who and get ourselves psyched for tomorrow's day trip. Goodness, we are both so excited! We kept randomly turning to each other today and just saying, "Cardiff" and then bursting into hysterical fits of laughter. You would think we were 10-years old.
Other than that, no major plans for the rest of the evening, aside from trying to decide what to do with the group and what to save and do/see with my parents. Got some big decisions ahead of me!



What makes you think we're not going to make you take notes? ;) And as for your big decisions, jut decide to save all the cool things to do with your parents. ;)
*just decide...stupid keyboard with sticking keys.