The Sound of Music...and Wind!
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Friday, May 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Making our way towards Munich today and we took an extended pit-stop in Salzburg, where The Sound of Music was filmed. First item on the agenda was to run to the stairs were the Von Trapp children sang part of "Do-Re-Mi." Of course, pictures were taken and songs were sung...an there was much rejoicing ;) We had three hours to just wander around and explore the town. It was relaxed and fun. The town is really charming and Nate and I found an AMAZING bakery where we picked up a snack. There is also another one of the "love-lock bridges" that spans the river. I don't remember if I ever explained that concept but I have seen them in a couple cities now. The idea is for a couple to put their names on the lock, lock it to the bridge and then throw the key into the river to ensure their love stands the test of time. I find it super adorable :) This particular bridge had some REALLY cool locks on it! I must have taken a dozen or so pictures. Nate and I entertained ourselves for a good 15 minutes trying to find the best and most unique locks. It was pretty dang windy on the bridge, when the buildings were no longer able to block most of the gusts. The photos of me by the locks make me laugh a little because my hair and squinted eyes give an idea of how strong the wind was at that moment.
After Salzburg, we drove a little outside of the city to a local restaurant that James' family has been eating at for years. The place is called Laschenskyhof. It is such a cute little joint, the waitresses wear more traditional looking dresses and blouses (which are beautiful) and the food is fabulous! We were served these massive sample platters with a ton of traditional Austrian food. Oh. My. Gosh. Food comma. It was so delicious. My body has seriously been craving meat "something fierce" (for some reason, I find that phrase so amusing) and tonight I finally got enough to satisfy that need. Wiener schnitzel, steak, chicken, grilled vegetables, other fried items I could not identify, fries, and various fruit with cranberry sauce. So good! I really do think that I could happily live in Austria.
And now we have arrived in Munich. It is nice looking so far but I didn't see much as it was dark by the time we drove in. Hopefully it looks even better in the daylight :)
After Salzburg, we drove a little outside of the city to a local restaurant that James' family has been eating at for years. The place is called Laschenskyhof. It is such a cute little joint, the waitresses wear more traditional looking dresses and blouses (which are beautiful) and the food is fabulous! We were served these massive sample platters with a ton of traditional Austrian food. Oh. My. Gosh. Food comma. It was so delicious. My body has seriously been craving meat "something fierce" (for some reason, I find that phrase so amusing) and tonight I finally got enough to satisfy that need. Wiener schnitzel, steak, chicken, grilled vegetables, other fried items I could not identify, fries, and various fruit with cranberry sauce. So good! I really do think that I could happily live in Austria.
And now we have arrived in Munich. It is nice looking so far but I didn't see much as it was dark by the time we drove in. Hopefully it looks even better in the daylight :)








Isn't that a Pentatonix song, "Love Lockdown"? :)