Saying a Painful Goodbye to Venice

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM

It really is going to be harder to leave Venice than I thought it would be. I fell hard and fast for this city. Seeing as Austria and Germany were the countries I was most excited to visit, it is funny to say that I am a little bit bummed we leave for Vienna tomorrow. But, hey, I am still really excited! Vienna here we come!

I spent my last night in Venice with Nate...again. I mean I spent the night hanging with Nate again, not that it was my last night in Venice again...YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! Basically, Nate and I have been spending a lot of time together. Before anyone starts getting any funny ideas (Wendy...I know you are reading this, ha-ha!), we are just friends. He has a pretty serious girlfriend back home and I am not interested in starting anything with him. We just really have become good friends. We understand one another really well and are both easy-going and love to explore. No one else in the group seems to like just strolling and seeing the sights without a set plan, without a distinct destination. Nate and I basically just cruise the streets together.

As it was our last night in Venice AND Italy, we got gelato...twice. I have no regrets ;) We also spent time window shopping for souvenirs because we both decided Venice was a place we really wanted to have something to remember by. I bought a jewelry set that "spoke" to me (I have a thing for fake pearls) and Nate ended up just buying a mask for his girlfriend. I tried to convince him to get a matching mask for himself but it was a bit feminine looking, so he declined :P

Other than that we just strolled, enjoying each other's company and some really good conversation. We did end up on the Realto Bridge (the main bridge over the Grand Canal) just after sunset and got to watch the water and sky turn dark and the lights come on. It was lovely. There was also a mandolin player playing the blues at the time, which really set the mood. I think we both kept thinking to ourselves that this was a potentially intimate and romantic moment...and that it was a little sad we are only just friends ;) It was quite the setting. Honeymoon location? I think so.

Venice...I WILL be seeing you again...someday.











Comments:

There are 1 comments for Saying a Painful Goodbye to Venice

Post a Comment