Dover and Canterbury

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Our last day trip was yesterday (Monday...it took me forever to actually post this)!

I still can't believe how fast this trip has gone.

Our first stop was Dover. We enjoyed the castle and the view of the ocean from the top of the hill on which the castle sits. The area is lovely. The weather was absolutely perfect. It was sunny and warm with a nice strong breeze blowing in the awesome ocean sent to us.

We really have lucked out with the weather here. We have had maybe two or three rainy days, but those were class days when no trip was scheduled. All of our trips have been accompanied with beautiful weather. It was rather funny because when we visited the Bronte residence the locals assured us that it is hardly ever that gorgeous. I was laughing because I was finding it hard to imagine how you could write something so dark and dreary at Wuthering Heights when surrounded by the stunningly green rolling hills. However, apparently when it is in its normal state, the area is supposedly dreadfully depressing. I guess I will need to return one of these days so I have the right impression of that area...because I walked away loving it! Haha!

Anyway, back to the original topic...
After this we went to Canterbury where we visited the ruins of St. Augustine's Abbey (which was actually closed to the public but they opened it especially for us, which was really nice) and then Canterbury Cathedral. I really enjoyed the cathedral.

It was a good day trip, not too exciting and not too packed but we learned a lot again. Most of the ride to and from the sites I was reading my textbooks frantically. It has finally hit me that I have two projects due on Friday, an essay also due on Friday and finals on Monday! Uh....

STRESS.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Dover and Canterbury

Post a Comment