Last Day: Part 1

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Tuesday, June 15, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Today is my last, full day in London.

I honestly cannot believe it. Where did all the time go?! 7 weeks sounded soooooo long 7 weeks ago...

Did I do everything on my list to do in London? I have come extremely close...
What is missing?
Getting a Belgium waffle from Whitley's (which I hope to take care of tonight after dinner).

I spent this morning wandering the streets of London. We were given some money to extend our Tube (The London Underground) pass, which expired on Sunday but I wanted to use that money for food instead so I have been walking everywhere the past two days. It is tiring but worth it.

First thing on my list this morning was to pick up a bunch of local chocolate that I had promised to my family. That was a successful expedition and I look forward to eating a bunch of junk food with them soon!

Next I walked to the London Family History Center to say hello to some of Grandma's friends for her. Sadly, they weren't there but the woman told me to come back in a couple hours and they would be. I decided to kill some time at the museums that were just down the street.

The first museum I hit was the Science Museum. Ok...my head/eyes hurt just walking through 1/10th of the museum because there is so much history and we have invited so much in such a short time. I didn't even bother trying to read the plagues; I just looked at the models and guessed what they might have been.

Next stop was the Natural History Museum which is also huge. Since I didn't have a ton of time I just wandered into the first exhibit I saw. It turned out to be about stones/geology stuff. It was actually really cool! It reminded me why I had always loved collecting rocks when I was younger. They had this awesome set up where you would see the rock in its natural form and then the gems that are made from it and the jewelry made from those gems. It was awesome! The earth makes some of the coolest, most beautifully colored rocks/stones/minerals ever. It is amazing. It made me a bit excited for my geology class in the fall!

After that, I went back to the Family History Center where I met Elder and Sister Price for the first time. They are both super nice but we didn't really have a lot to talk about since we don't know each other at all. Needless to say, it was a short visit/conversation haha! But Grandma should be pleased with me :)

And now I am just killing time until dinner with some friends. The plan is to go to dinner and then take a cruise down the Thames. I am really looking forward to it!

What a great way to end this adventure!!!!

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Last Day: Part 1

Post a Comment