Switchfoot...You Made a Mess of Me!
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 5:43 PM
Switchfoot.
Saturday night I was sitting at my computer surfing the web (avoiding homework) and listening to Switchfoot. Suddenly, I had this thought cross my mind: "I wonder if Switchfoot will be in London anytime soon...?" I then turned to my best friend, Google.
Can you picture my eyes just about popping out of my head when I discovered Switchfoot was not only touring the UK currently but would be in London in three days time?! Not only that, but it was their first time back to London in over three years! I just about fainted. I found out who else wanted to go and we got tickets the next day.
It ended up being just Marissa and I who went. It kind of surprised me there were not more hard-core Switchfoot fans in our group but oh well...it made planning and getting to the venue really easy with only two of us.
We ended up being about 3 rows from the stage. "Rows" is used loosely of course. It was a standing section we bought tickets for, so it was about 3 rows of tightly packed people shoved against the stage. It wasn't too bad. Plus, by the time Switchfoot came out we had been pushed and shoved so many different directions we were even closer than when we started.
Switchfoot is incredible live. They are one of the few bands I have really wanted to see perform live and they did not disappoint at all. They did an awesome mix of old and new songs. They are currently touring to promote their newest album "Hello Hurricane," which was actually just released in the UK two weeks ago. Funny thing is...all the British kids there still knew all the words to all the songs because they are that into Switchfoot (or they just got the album offline but the first idea is more appealing).
I had such a great time! I ended up getting a t-shirt for myself (sorry Max, one for me but none for you...but I did get your "badges" so you are not totally deprived)...which because we are on a trip in the morning (we leave in about 5 hours) and I haven't packed...I may be wearing that shirt for 3 days straight...sweetness!
Bottom line:
Switchfoot has completely cemented themselves into my all-time-favorite band slot (they were already there but now it is written in stone)
Jon Foreman just made my trip to London complete.
Saturday night I was sitting at my computer surfing the web (avoiding homework) and listening to Switchfoot. Suddenly, I had this thought cross my mind: "I wonder if Switchfoot will be in London anytime soon...?" I then turned to my best friend, Google.
Can you picture my eyes just about popping out of my head when I discovered Switchfoot was not only touring the UK currently but would be in London in three days time?! Not only that, but it was their first time back to London in over three years! I just about fainted. I found out who else wanted to go and we got tickets the next day.
It ended up being just Marissa and I who went. It kind of surprised me there were not more hard-core Switchfoot fans in our group but oh well...it made planning and getting to the venue really easy with only two of us.
We ended up being about 3 rows from the stage. "Rows" is used loosely of course. It was a standing section we bought tickets for, so it was about 3 rows of tightly packed people shoved against the stage. It wasn't too bad. Plus, by the time Switchfoot came out we had been pushed and shoved so many different directions we were even closer than when we started.
I had such a great time! I ended up getting a t-shirt for myself (sorry Max, one for me but none for you...but I did get your "badges" so you are not totally deprived)...which because we are on a trip in the morning (we leave in about 5 hours) and I haven't packed...I may be wearing that shirt for 3 days straight...sweetness!
Bottom line:
Switchfoot has completely cemented themselves into my all-time-favorite band slot (they were already there but now it is written in stone)
Jon Foreman just made my trip to London complete.

Post a Comment