Hampton Court Palace
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 11:31 AM
I am staring at that title right now. That has to be the lamest title. Where has my creativeness gone? Oh...probably into the billion and a half papers and projects I am working on because we finish classes tomorrow. Eh.
Anyway, despite that lame title, this place was pretty neat.
The palace dates back to at least Henry VIII (I think it is a bit older than that but I don't feel like checking dates right now). They had people walking around in costumes to enhance the effect. I even ran into King Henry. He seems...intense. That guy needs to chill. And his poor wife (I believe it was his 5th(!) wife with him at that moment) was a bit nervous and jittery...hmmm...wonder why....? Ah history :)
I hung out with Emma and Ross for a bit and went to check out this "world-famous" hedge maze.
...
That was the most disappointing thing I think I have ever experienced. You could see through the hedges and it was really small and there were maybe three places where you actually had to decide which way to go. Really lame. I am really confused why that is supposedly a world-famous maze...maybe the world's easiest/lamest maze? That seems likely.
We then "took a turn around the garden." Like that Englishness right there? Impressive. I sound just a like a local. NOT.
After that I went back to the train-station, got an amazing hot chocolate (and a free croissant because the guy liked me hahah!) and caught a train back to the center. I must say, I really love train rides, especially when it takes you through some more back-country areas. Sooooooo pretty!

Post a Comment