Last Day: Part 2
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Tuesday, June 15, 2010 at 6:17 PM
So, this will be my last post from London for...well, I won't say forever but...awhile.
I am ready.
We started out with a really good dinner at an Italian restaurant called Zizzi's (I would recommend it if you are ever in London). Dinner was yummy, the conversation was fun, and the company was fantastic! To top it off, our waitress was really nice and fun so she made things even better.
Following dinner, Ross, Stephen and I went to Whitely's to go get chocolate covered Belgium waffles (check that off my list!). They were really, really good. Oh, my.
Next was a boat ride down part of the Thames. It was pretty much the best thing ever to retrace our steps through London from the river. We watched as Westminster, Big Ben, St. Paul's, the Tower of London and other sites passed by us on the shore. It was really neat! I made a little video compilation to show the shore passing and you can check it out if you want.
After the boat dropped us off, we walked from the Tower to St. Paul's to enjoy the gorgeous building one last time. I am still shocked every time I see that place. It is so big and so powerful and so beautiful. I don't think I will ever get "used to it." It is too incredible.
After that I headed back home (the others made one more stop but I could not afford another stop on the Tube...money is pretty much GONE...shocking, isn't it? haha!) and worked on several projects (blog posts, photo uploads, video making, e-mail sending, etc.). I also went to a special musical performance from three of the girls in our group who put together a medley of some of the songs from musicals we had seen. It was well done and put most everyone in tears because it finally hit that it was over.
Although, for the record...I did not cry. My eyes did not even get wet. I was always the "hard one" at EFY farewells as well so...eh. That is just me, I suppose.
Now, I am killing time trying to keep myself awake. I am leaving here really early so there is no point in trying to sleep (plus...I never bought an alarm clock...so...I would probably miss my flight if I tried to sleep...). In t-minus 3 hours and 5 minutes I will be dragging myself out the door to the Tube to go to the airport and catch my ride home. My...long...long...ride home.
But you know what?


We're ready, too! We miss you!!! :-)