1st Experience with the New Ward
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Monday, May 10, 2010 at 1:29 PM
I have been sent to serve in the Mitcham Ward of the Wadsworth Stake of London, England.
Yesterday I attended my first meeting with my ward. It took an hour and a half to get to church because of delays and closures on the underground. But you know what? ...
It was worth it.
The Mitcham Ward is the nicest, most welcoming ward I have ever been privileged to attend. The members are from all over the world (many, including the bishop and stake president, are from Guyana actually). I have been asked to assist in the Relief Society and just do whatever I can to help. There are maybe 12 women in Relief Society so it is very intimate. I kind of like it like that. I got to know the women very quickly. I already love them all! They are so funny and cute and some are just quirky :)
I have been asked to teach the lesson at the end of the month and I am really looking forward to that.
I am also looking forward to all that I can learn here from these sisters. I already feel like I have been changed because of them. I feel that this trip is turning me into a more well-rounded person.
I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything!
Yesterday I attended my first meeting with my ward. It took an hour and a half to get to church because of delays and closures on the underground. But you know what? ...
It was worth it.
The Mitcham Ward is the nicest, most welcoming ward I have ever been privileged to attend. The members are from all over the world (many, including the bishop and stake president, are from Guyana actually). I have been asked to assist in the Relief Society and just do whatever I can to help. There are maybe 12 women in Relief Society so it is very intimate. I kind of like it like that. I got to know the women very quickly. I already love them all! They are so funny and cute and some are just quirky :)
I have been asked to teach the lesson at the end of the month and I am really looking forward to that.
I am also looking forward to all that I can learn here from these sisters. I already feel like I have been changed because of them. I feel that this trip is turning me into a more well-rounded person.
I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything!

Post a Comment