The British Museum: "The Largest/Greatest Collection of Stolen Artifacts in the World!"

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Monday, May 10, 2010 at 1:36 PM


The title? Oh...don't look at me. I was literally told that by a tour guide.
Granted...he was off-duty and we were talking on the tube, but still, he said it.

The British Museum is a "must-see" if you are ever in London. This place is huge (I am beginning to think that everything in London is huge...and beautiful...goodness my vocabulary really needs an update...any help for me Mom?). It houses like a billion artifacts (pretty much solid fact, that sentence) including:

-the Rosetta Stone
-pieces from the pediment of the Pantheon
-mummies
-paintings/prints from ALL over the world and ALL different time periods
-and much, much more.

There is so much to see. There is so much to read. I pretty much have to go back again. That place is going to take some serious dedication and time-consuming exploration. But, you know what?

It is well worth it.


Comments:

There are 0 comments for The British Museum: "The Largest/Greatest Collection of Stolen Artifacts in the World!"

Post a Comment