Aw, Wittle Venice Is So Cute!
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 7:57 AM
It is a really neat little area with a very beautiful neighborhood. I love the apartments found along the road.
My favorite part of the walk was actually the first stop. The Colonnade Hotel has a very interesting history! It started actually as a brothel type house and then was turned into a hospital and now into a hotel; it has quite the history there! When it was a hospital, it was unique because it offered women of all social classes medical help along with comfort and privacy not found in other London hospitals. As the modern hotel it is now, it is pretty upscale. I wanted to go look around but the receptionist lady kind of glared at me when I poked my head in to look around. It must have been very obvious that I was not going to be a paying-customer so...she wasn't thrilled. I decided not to make her any more angry so I just called it good and moved on.
I also enjoyed stopping to eat at the Bridge House Pub. The chicken burger is way good! Yum.
Also, you can "enjoy" (maybe) the little presentation thing I put together for my walks project for class. :)

Post a Comment