Borough Market + Primark + Peter Pan - Homework = A More Positive than Negative Saturday!

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 1:59 PM

So Saturday was really nice. I liked being back in London and being able to do things at my own pace (which...despite my need for sleep...was almost as fast and jam-packed as the rest of the week).

I started off the morning with a wonderful time at Borough Market with Ross and Emmalyn. It was fantastic! It is a huge market with nothing but food! Yes, Mom. Dreams do come true.
Our favorite part was easily all the samples we got to try! I tried a lot but not everything, in an attempt to pace myself (right...pace myself...yeah...). One of my favorite things ever was this Almond Croissant that Emma got. O. M. Gosh. Divine! Not even joking. Also I bought some Strawberry-Vanilla jam (two pots of it actually...Mom, I am going to attempt to send you one of the pots...we will see how that goes. Here's hoping bubble-wrap will work miracles!) that was also amazing.

Tried some "crumbly fudge" which was alright...really not something I would buy again.

I have been craving raspberries this entire trip. Saturday I was finally satisfied.

There was also an entire stand devoted to candied nuts! We walked by that about 12 times and got a different sample from a different worker every time. Brilliant, let me tell you.
We also bought some really good apple juice. The stand we got it from had soooooo many different kinds. It was apple mixed with every fruit imaginable and then different spices and...yeah, it was crazy. But really good. I still have some left...I am staring at the bottle right now...yeah, that is looking good. Excuse me for a minute.

*one minute later*

Yeah...that "Apple & Raspberry Juice" = really good. It hit the spot.

After Borough, Emma and I (Ross didn't fancy shopping with us...strange.) hit up Primark. It is this giant shop that sells stuff for ridiculously cheap. I got a pair of shoes for £2 and a pair of glasses for £1. Cheap. The stuff feels kind of cheap but it is brand new and hey, it works. In fact, family...you should just be expecting souvenirs from there! :P Sorry. I am cheap. I admit it.

On the way there we had to go through Baker Street...hence the Sherlock Holmes profiles on the wall...fantastic. We just had to get a photo with them!

Next on the to-do-list was the much anticipated viewing of Peter Pan (which Ross joined us again for)!

Here is the trailer for it so you can get an idea for the feel:
http://www.nationaltheatrescotland.com/content/default.asp?page=s631


There was a darker feel to it, that is for sure.

This show was a new version made this year to celebrate the 150th anniversary of J.M. Barrie's birth. It was really good! It was interesting because it was put on by the National Theatre of Scotland so the accents were very different. They also changed the setting from England to Scotland. In all honesty, I think that improved the production. It was an interesting mix of a musical and a regular play. They would sing songs when there was a scene change or transition but the rest of it was a regular play. I really thought it was fascinating. The special effects were incredible! Tinkerbell was a ball of fire! The actors would actually hold and toss around this ball of fire...and it would randomly float in from the side. It was so cool! There were a lot of other effects that I really can't explain because you would have to see the production. Just know that it was really good, the changes made it even better than the original (in my opinion) and I was not disappointed at all (I was worried I would be because I had been excited to see this since day 1 here in London when I saw the poster for it)!

I did some museum exploring to fill some homework requirements after that. I must say...museums are not nearly as fun when you are required to go :P Oh well. Life goes on.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Borough Market + Primark + Peter Pan - Homework = A More Positive than Negative Saturday!

Post a Comment