Stonehenge...eh.
Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Friday, May 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM
Ok, Stonehenge was great to see just for the sake of saying "I saw it." Really though, there isn't much to it.


Don't get me wrong, I completely acknowledge that for the primitive time it was const
ructed in, it is quite impressive (the use of a ball and socket to join the stones, the shaping of the massive stones to form a circle (that can only partly be seen in the remains), the movement of the huge stones across miles and miles of the English countryside, etc.), but really, it isn't much to look at. I walked around the whole thing in less than 10 minutes and thought it was interesting...kind of.
...

One problem was that the closest they allow you to get was still at least 20 feet out (at least during this time...they do expensive tours at certain times (at dawn I think...) and allow you to go right up to the stones).
I did enjoy seeing the thing, but to be honest the sheep in the fields around it where more entertaining to watch and photograph.
No offense Stonehenge (and the people who built it), but...you are a pile of rocks, plain and simple.
However, you make for an awesome postcard! :)

Couldn't agree with you more.
While I was there we visited this place called Avenbury. It was made by the same group that made Stonehenge. It was much more impressive. There was a man made trench around the city and huge rocks were placed along the perimeter. I think I also like it because we were the only ones there. It's not that famous of a place like Stonehenge is.
Looks like your having a blast! <3