Scottish Parliament

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 2:33 AM

Today, to end our all-too-short tour of Scotland we went and got shown around the Scottish Parliament building. The coolest part was that the tour was lead by the chief whip of the parliament who also happens to be a member of the Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-Day Saints (my church). It made it even more interesting to listen to him!
My favorite part was standing in the main hall where parliament meets. It was a really ornate room and very modern with all the microphones and TV screens. I am not sure exactly why I liked it so much but I really did love it.

It was a very good tour. The building is one of the strangest, most symbolic buildings I have ever entered. I am still not sure if I liked it. It has a very...modern art feel to it. Some people absolutely love it and others...not so much. Just like modern art, so my analogy works there.

If you want to get a better idea of how the Scottish Parliament works visit this site:
http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/

*Sadly, I did not bring my camera in because I assumed we would not be allowed to take photos...I was wrong. I stole some photos (from online) for visual effect.

Comments:

There are 2 comments for Scottish Parliament

Post a Comment