MR. DARCY'S HOUSE! ... I mean...The Wilton House...

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Friday, May 7, 2010 at 1:24 AM




The Wilton House is owned by the 18th Earl of Penbrooke and is a very famous filming location. It has been featured in several movies including (but not limited to) the newest Pride and Prejudice and Young Victoria.

The house itself is incredible old (500 years of history) and the rooms are richly decorated (however, no photography is allowed inside to preserve the artwork). It is stunningly beautiful but I really cannot imagine living there as the Earl actually does. In fact...

I had a special treat! Because I had wandered off by myself for a little bit I ended up actually seeing the Earl himself! He was walking through the courtyard as I was there. I was maybe 30 feet from him. It is so strange, because up until that day I had no idea who the Earl of Penbrooke was, let alone that he was important but just being in hear him you could feel the sense of authority. It was really interesting. I could just imagine how Elizabeth may have felt when she saw Mr. Darcy for the first time. Powerful. You could feel it. Even though I was not a citizen and so not "under" his power (I supposed you could say), I could still tell that he was powerful. Does that even make sense? Now I am just rambling but really...it was the strangest feeling really.

And for the ladies...yes, he was very handsome. But, don't keep your hopes up. He is recently engaged and the woman is very pretty (I saw her as well haha!). :) And according to the locals she is also a wonderful woman and they really love her.

The grounds of this house were my favorite part. Stunning. And I cannot really say more than that without just repeating how absolutely beautiful this country is!

Comments:

There are 0 comments for MR. DARCY'S HOUSE! ... I mean...The Wilton House...

Post a Comment