Day 3: Part 1 (Tintagel)

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Friday, May 14, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I had to make Tintagel a whole separate post just because I loved it so much!

Tintagel is famous for 2 big reasons:

1. It is the supposed birth-place of King Arthur
2. Its fabulous Cornish pasties (p-"ass"-tees...sorry that was the only way I could think to show you how to pronounce it)
*Pasties are like calzones, except instead of pizza filling it is like a stew (potatoes, onions, meat, etc.)

There is an "island" that sticks out from the main body of the land. Upon this "island" is a collection of ruins from a castle that once stood there over-looking the sea. It really is a romantic setting. I love it. Love it. Love it. Love it.

At ocean level there is a couple of caves that are easily accessible. Tiffany and I started out the day by exploring those caves. It was very exciting! In both of the caves we went into there were small pools of water that made it seem rather mysterious. So cool! We also realized that at high tide the caves would be completely filled with water. You could see the water lines on the walls.
On the beach there was this awesome rock. It was pretty big. It had perfect foot and hand-holes so it was really easy to scale. The view from the top was really cool. It was kind of funny because as I was climbing there was this pool of water in a ditch in the rock face. The water was so clear I didn't even realize it was water until I had walked right through it! My shoes were soaked and so were my pants up to the middle of my shin. I ended up climbing back down and taking off my shoes and rolling up my pants. I enjoyed wading out into the ocean as well. It was so cold!

There is also a waterfall that comes down on the backside of the beach. I scooped up some water from it and splashed it on my face; it was so refreshing! Now I can claim that I pretty much bathed in King Arthurian water! Sweeeeeeeeetness.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Day 3: Part 1 (Tintagel)

Post a Comment