LAST WALK!

Posted by Ashley | | Posted On Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Well, the last walk that I have to turn in for credit at least.

Today was...rainy. Yea London! And no, that is not sarcasm. I really do like the rain. I will admit though...it made taking photos difficult so it was rather hard to document this walk. Sorry 'bout that. 0_o I was a bit worried about getting my camera walk-logged so I only took it out a couple times, for short periods of time. 

Oh! Side note:
             Before the official walk, I dropped by the Camden Street Stable Market (not sure what the official name is...but I am sure that is close) and had a blast! That place is insane. It is the oddest, most random collection of shops and stands I have ever seen...and that is what made it so fantastic. It is a lot edgy-er (new word?) than most of the other markets in London. It has a lot more punk, Gothic and rocker stuff than I have seen before. It was fun to explore! The food stands there were really hard to stay away from. Everything smelled wonderful. However, in an attempt to save money I managed to get out and only bought myself a cheap donut from one stand (which was really good, by the way). 

Back to the main topic ---> THE WALK

As I said, it was really rainy so most of the stuff I saw was from under the protection of an umbrella: a really sucky, cheap, horrible umbrella that kept turning itself inside out. 

I really enjoyed Queen Mary's Gardens. I plan on returning and watching a show at the Open Air Theatre that is in the garden. A show was just starting as I was walking by. I couldn't see anything because it is enclosed by a high hedge all the way around, but I could hear parts of it and it just sounded exciting! They are playing The Crucible by Arthur Miller so I want to go even more since I studied that in high school. Hopefully that will work out. 

*As annoying as it was to try to take photos in the rain...I must say, I love the way water photographs.

What I didn't really realize about this garden is how BIG it really is. I guess it kind of surprises me how big all of the gardens in London are. They are large. When I think of a park I am thinking maybe a patch of grass the size of a football field. Um...these parks are large enough to contain their own lakes! Or..."lakes" I suppose. I am really not sure how big a body of water has to be to be considered a lake...but that it besides the point. What I am trying to say is that these are not dinky parks...they are legitimate parks. I really will never think of a park the same way again. It may be kind of hard to go back to Spokane and visit parks...Manito Park is really nice, don't get me wrong...but it really is nothing compared to these parks! Thanks for ruining Spokane's parks for me, London.
The fountain in Queen Mary's Garden (I couldn't help laughing because the middle figure is blowing water into the air and it comes back down and hits him in the face...not very graceful or majestic if you ask me)

Poor little birds were all huddled under a tree trying to stay dry...and it wasn't working
Not sure if this is a typical activity in the park but it was sure fun to watch!

Comments:

There are 0 comments for LAST WALK!

Post a Comment